Our Research School
Shireland Collegiate Academy has been one of the pioneering schools in this country in the use of technology to support student progress and school improvement. One of the key facets of our success in supporting others has been the research that staff have undertaken.
Through the Research Schools Network, and with the help of our partners such as Microsoft and Whole Education, we plan to extend this support to a broad range of schools in the region.
Our aim is to:
- develop opportunities for schools in the region to pilot, trial and share innovation
- disseminate research findings in a manner that can really support and impact on school improvement.
As a Teaching School already, we are a Hub for schools to come and see outstanding practice on site and be signposted to the outstanding practice of others that we work with. We have successfully run dissemination events or training courses for other schools on aspects such as:
- Technology Enhanced Learning
- the Primary Computing Curriculum
- Flipped Learning
- Alternative Thematic Curriculum Models
- using e-books effectively to raise standards
- Sustainable School Transformation.
As a Research School, we are excited at the prospect of sharing the research work of local schools, and of supporting schools to bridge the outcomes of research into their own practice.